Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cleaning...naturally



I was more than happy to write a post for Suscipio on some of my favorite ways to naturally clean our home...and ourselves!

When my husband and I began to take our nutrition a bit more seriously over a year ago, with great results, it naturally led me to start wanting to experiment with some organic, homemade cleaning products.  Part of the reason is that it is just better to use natural products especially with little ones and pets around.  The chemicals in many of these products are just downright toxic and to be honest, dealing with nausea after I bleached my bathroom was not appealing in the least!

Also, we have had to make some major financial changes (still in that process) and I realized how much money we were saving by making some of our own products.

My main advice would be: don't feel like you have to do everything overnight!  I can't stress this enough. Start with one product and focus on it and make sure it's working for you then gradually add another and another until it becomes second nature to whip up a batch of your fave cleaner.  I found that I really enjoy experimenting with different ideas and it has become a *hobby* of sorts. I feel like a chemist and I like the challenge since I have very high cleaning standards.  With six family members sharing one shower/bath (five which are adults), I don't have a choice.

There are two lists: one for household cleaners and one for personal cleansers...

Follow me over to Suscipio to read the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always blessed by your kind words...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...